Alternative startup methods
This page is for listing alternative methods for starting up the Diaspora service automatical or in some manner other than calling the ./script/start
Init Scripts & Upstart
Sample /etc/diaspora.conf required by the init script is given below
export SERVERNAME=localhost export ENVIRONMENT_URL=https://localhost export RAILS_ENV=production export DB=postgres
diaspora-init on Github by netomfork of dead repo
- Init Script on OLD github page for diaspora
- Stack Overflow Ubuntu init script
- Init script that works as of Diaspora 0.5 (also requires a script in
- Old systemd unit starting script/server
- modular systemd units (running puma instead of unicorn and chruby instead of RVM)
All you need is the following snippet of Apache configuration in e.g. a
DocumentRoot $diasporapath/public PassengerAppRoot $diasporapath PassengerAppEnv production PassengerRuby $rubypath
$diasporapath with the path where you installed diaspora*, and replace
$rubypath with the Ruby binary Passenger should use (probably what RVM installed, if you use RVM).
Note, however, that this does not automatically start Sidekiq. You need to do that yourself.