Topic to discuss
Thoughts on the release process? Do we want to schedule releases? How often do we want to release?
Issues on github
Fla: I think we should use more the "milestone feature" of github. Right now, we almost only use it when something is already merged. To decide during meetings what we want to see in the next meeting and put a milestone on it would allow to share this to potential contributors saying "this is the target".
So, what do we want to see in the next release (not the one coming right now, the next one)?
- #4416 opengraph 404
- #4264 youtube embedding broken
- #4683 correctly strip HTML and Markdown
- #4269 Comments are out of order
Clean up issues
- Read some old issues, starting with the least recently updated ones.
- Check if the bug still exists, if some more information is needed and if the issue is suitable for newcomers.
- If it is an important or easy to fix issue: decide if we want to add it to a milestone / promote it in a bugmash monday
Improve podmin's life
A nice admin panel
It's important to help podmins to deal with common tasks easily without having to use command lines / geeky stuff. The admin panel should be improved to add new actions like:
- Ability to remove a user (including remote user) to fight spam
- Ability to close / reopen a local user
- Ability to clean ghost pods to improve performance
- The list of the 500 errors occurred
- Current memory / cpu used?
Related github issue: https://github.com/diaspora/diaspora/issues/4183
Graphical interface to install / update
Recently more spam has been appearing on Diaspora pods. Some things are already being fixed like Captcha support which should land soon in develop. Other things we should do to combat spam?
A hosting company recently sent this to the press team, promising "diaspora hosting for as low as $4/mo" in a shared hosting environment. They are basically making (afaict) non-valid promises using the Diaspora official branding (see included url).
Hello Sean, I noticed that you are the community manager so I wanted to reach out directly. Please let me know if there is someone else I should contact to discuss further. My name is Gregg Hawkins and I'm the marketing manager for Arvixe, a web hosting company. I wanted to inquire about becoming a recommended hosting provider to the visitors of your website. I have created a landing page, which can be found here: http://www.arvixe.com/diaspora-hosting More specifically, I'm wondering what it would take for you to create a tab on your website that says "Web Hosting" and on that page simply put a paragraph introducing Arvixe and then linking to us? I'll be looking forward to a positive response! Regards, Gregg Hawkins Marketing Operations Officer
How shall we respond?