ERROR: Gem bundler is not installed, run `gem install bundler` first.
gem install bundler
- Did you skip RVM? Because the last time I tried that installed bundler right with installing a new Ruby. --MrZYX (talk) 07:39, 14 July 2013 (UTC)
libxml2 is missing. please visit http://nokogiri.org/tutorials/installing_nokogiri.html for help with installing dependencies.
sudo apt-get install libxslt-dev libxml2-dev
- Likewise, getting the deps to build Ruby via RVM includes those. --MrZYX (talk) 07:39, 14 July 2013 (UTC)
- Hmm, dunno, the bundler told me this http://paste.mrzyx.de/p1c4198e9/ and Dennis told me what to install (because the hints behind the link are talking about 1.8 and.... I just felt a little uncertain so I asked). -- DeusFigendi (talk) 07:53, 14 July 2013 (UTC)
Can't install RMagick 2.13.2. Can't find Magick-config
- sudo apt-get install librmagick-ruby
- sudo apt-get install graphicsmagick-libmagick-dev-compat
- As said below with the development version of the guide installing libmagickwand-dev should've solved that. Can you give more feedback? --MrZYX (talk) 07:37, 14 July 2013 (UTC)
- You are right, I used to follow the production-guide and changed the bundle to development, I didn't know about a special dev-guide. So if I got it right this problem should not apear. Anyways a decided installation-troubleshooting-page might be usefull that sais exactly this: "You're probably trying to install a dev-pod using the prod-guide, please follow the instructions for development pods if you want to install one." Or something like this. There are more idiots out there not just me. -- DeusFigendi (talk) 07:53, 14 July 2013 (UTC)
- A troubleshooting site might be a good idea, but then we'd need to make effort that it stays OS independent, allowing OS dependent hints leads to the old "if this then this" blabla that nobody understands after some time and making one for each guide seems like quite a lot extra pages. --MrZYX (talk) 08:04, 14 July 2013 (UTC)
Can't install RMagick 2.13.2. Can't find MagickWand.h.
sudo apt-get install libmagickwand-dev