A few notes
Hey User:Brit200313, thanks for the guide! A few notes and questions:
- gem 'pg': Why? Setting DB=postgres will enable it, why add it a second time to the Gemfile? See also the next point.
- It looks like Ninefold supports setting environment variables. If you set HEROKU=true Diaspora boots up without needing diaspora.yml. Additionally every single setting can set through an environment variable, as described at the top of diaspora.yml.example and for example the Heroku guide. This allows to not commit configuration to the repository, which is inherently bad practice. The config quickly contains secrets, for example your service oauth credentials.
- The Redis setting won't work that way. The config is not run through ERB and this is not ERB syntax anyway.
- The highlighted settings seem to be rather random tbh.
- The guide describes a production pod but your database examples are for development and test? That makes no sense. Also I think it would be nicer to instruct how to make to adjust our database.yml.example.