Revision as of 08:48, 13 January 2017 by Jhass (Clarify how to change database.yml)
Now open config/database.yml and config/diaspora.yml in your favorite text editor and carefully review them, they are extensively commented.
Important values in config/database.yml
- username Make sure to use the right username you created for diaspora.
- password Make sure to use the right password for the user your created for diaspora.
Important values in config/diaspora.yml
- environment.url: Set the public facing URL to your pod here, for example for https://pod.geraspora.de this would be https://pod.geraspora.de
- environment.certificate_authorities: You have to set this, one of the examples should fit. If the file in the example doesn't exist you're missing a package, in most cases it's named ca-certificates.
- server.rails_environment: You must set this to . The server section is read by ./script/server and most alternative startup methods to setup the correct environment.
- environment.require_ssl: If for some reason you can't run your pod on HTTPS (we highly encourage you to do it!), set this to false to prevent a redirect from http:// to https://