Tools to use with Diaspora
If you're looking for information about how to add diaspora related functionality to your web site, you might want to look at the FAQ for web developers.
- 1 Browser add-ons and scripts
- 2 Useful links
- 3 Share on diaspora* buttons
- 4 WordPress Plugins
- 5 Programmer Tools
- 6 Applications
- 7 Gnu/Linux Command Line Voodoo
- 8 Podmin tools
Browser add-ons and scripts
- Diaspora* Picture Share - a modified sharing bookmarklet to quickly share pictures on Diaspora*
- Diaspora Tools - Share webpages and images to Diaspora, translate text on Diaspora
- Diaspora* Easyshare Addon to share a page in a nice graphical way: image+text+tags. More infos here
- Diaspora* Advanced Sharer Addon to share the current page to any Diaspora pod. Grabs title, URL and selected part of page which is converted from HTML to Markdown (images, lists, urls, etc work).
- Diaspora* Publisher - Allows you to share your favorite pages with your friends; you can also select and share a specific part of the page.
- Diaspost - Quickly share webpages to Diaspora
- Diaspora* Opera sharing extension Quickly share webpages to Diaspora
- From RSS To Diaspora* Share your rss feeds to Diaspora*
More cool stuff (scripts and add-ons to make your diaspora experience smarter)
Requirement for scripts: Greasemonkey (Firefox), Tampermonkey (Chrome), or equivalents. Greasemonkey scripts will work immediately on several pods, but not all. You may have to add your own pod to the list of "Included Pages" (in Settings).
- Quote Post - (script). An additional resharing option that quotes the post and allows to add your comments to it. By DeusFigendi
- Add podsavelink (previous version) - (script) Provides a universal, pod-independent link for diaspora posts, for pasting in your messages and posts. This relative link, found at the top of a post (screenshot), will open posts in your recipient's pod (if this post has been federated). By DeusFigendi
- Diaspora AutoUpdate - (script). Automatically updates the stream (like Twitter does in its Webinterface). By Faldrian
- It's All Text! - (Firefox add-on) Opens a markdown WYSIWYG editor from any text box, so you can easily format and include images, links, etc. Saving the document sends the code to the text box, no copying+pasting required.
- Do It Later - (script). Schedule things to be posted whenever you like. By DeusFigendi
- Diaspora Translate - (script) Translates posts in your stream, also offers hiding non-ssl images.
Should be updated:
- Löwenzahn - (Firefox add-on) This addon showed notifications for new Diaspora messages or notifications. (Not compatible with recent versions of Firefox)
- Tag Filter - mirror - (script) Allowed to filter postings in the stream by tags, can replace all inline-images and iFrames (Videos) by a textlink or icon (or hides it total), helps to add tags you often use. By DeusFigendi (Not fully compatible with recent versions of diaspora*.)
- dia.so - A profile shortener so people on other pods get you on their pod and A url shortener all pod admins can use.
- Markdown Pad - A popular Markdown editor for Windows Systems.
- ReText - A simple but efficient Markdown and HTML editor for Linux Systems, including live preview.
- Enki - A text editor with markdown support (incl. preview) for Linux, MacOSX and Windows. (Ubuntu- & Debian-Packages available)
- Unicode Character Table - Not specific to Diaspora but a very hand for including Unicode like ★ ☂ ☯ ♫ ❤ in your diaspora posts.
- Diaspora Reshare Graph - A data driven document implementation of the Diaspora Reshare Visualizer
- PicUp - Free Image / Photography Hosting Platform (with some Diaspora unique features - like sharing or generating markdown links). Comes with an easy API and the Karma reputation system.
- Diaspora* Advanced Sharer - To add a "Share on diaspora*" button to your website
More buttons and tips on FAQ for web developers
- Webfinger Profile Plugin for 'Join me' widget -- displays a widget on your WordPress blog with your profile information from Diaspora, more info. Unsupported, last updated on 2011-9-23.
- Wordpress plugin: wp-post-to-diaspora when you make a new blog post, this plugin will post a link to it to your diaspora account
- Sociable -- a WordPress plugin customized for share content also on Diaspora*. In latest versions, Diaspora support was dropped.
- Share on Diaspora -- adds a Share on D* button at the bottom of WordPress posts.
- Cliaspora (package Aur) - A command-line client for Diaspora*
- Diaspy - Unofficial Python API for Diaspora
- diaspora tools - Allows you to migrate your contacts from one pod to another. Based on diaspy
- Diaspora Tools - Python pod2pod contacts and aspects migration script.
Gnu/Linux Command Line Voodoo
If you want to change your Pod you may need a list of your contacts. This shell command may be useful for you. Export your Data via "Settings - Account - Export Data - download my xml" and rename this file to d-exported-in.xml Then run this shell script:
grep 'diaspora_handle' d-exported-in.xml | cut -d '>' -f 2 | cut -d '<' -f 1 | sort | uniq | tee d-contacts-out.txt
you'll get the file "d-contacts-out.txt" which is a list of all your contacts.
- Diaspora Munin-plugin - Munin plugin that uses data from the pods statistics.json