How to work on bugs
Thank you for helping us make Diaspora awesome! ;)
If you found a bug and want to report it, here is how to. If you want to start contributing by fixing a bug, this is the correct page.
So you’d like to start contributing, but you don’t know where to begin? This is a fairly large project, which means it’s probably best to get your hands dirty with a small fix so you can get used to the codebase.
- Make an account on Github
- (If you don’t already have one.) This is necessary in order to contribute the code you write.
- Find a bug to work on
- Claim the issue
- If you selected your bug directly from the issue tracker, just leave a note in the comments to that bug, saying you started to work on it.
- Before you start
- Now, there are a few things we want you to keep in mind before you start to work on the bug.
- You will need to set up a development environment
- Please skim through our page on how we use git so that there will be no problems merging your fix.
- You migh also be interested in an introduction to the source code and the FAQ_for_Developers.
- Write awesome code
- Submit your fix
- Great! You just fixed a bug. We really can’t thank you enough for it. <3