Talk:Community supported pods
Not only because MediaWiki makes it hard to embed external images, I think we should just drop the list and let this page just redirect the people to the ranking sites. --MrZYX (talk) 07:32, 24 June 2013 (PDT)
- Have just been editing this page to format it correctly, and while doing so came to exactly the same conclusion. This page would be a lot of work to maintain, would frequently contain out-of-date and inaccurate information because of the fluid nature of the pod base, and we would be better served by linking to Uptime, Diasp.eu stats and Active pods.
- We could do with more general info on how to choose a pod, how to work out whether a particular pod is suitable for you and whether you can trust the podmin, as this is still quite opaque for the general user, but these three live pages are better than a static list of pods.
- This page does give some information that isn't contained in those other pages, however, so it may be worth seeing if some of this information could be incorporated into Pod Uptime, for example. --Goob (talk) 12:44, 26 June 2013 (GMT)
- Good idea. I'll try to write something over the next few days.
I have added a draft on how to choose a pod. Once everyone's happy with it, I'd suggested replacing the 'Community supported pods' page and text with a page entitled 'Choosing a pod', which would probably be more useful and self-explanatory to someone facing this decision. Look forward to everyone's edits and comments. Goob (talk) 08:29, 10 July 2013 (PDT)
- Adding a new page inside an existing one is … not ideal. I moved the content to a new page: Choosing_a_pod --MrZYX (talk) 09:49, 10 July 2013 (PDT)